THE CHURCH OF SAINT SALVADOR
It, s name comes from the Saint saver Jesus Christ, it is indeed dedicated to Christ saver of the world.
There are some evidences about this church ant its community since the VII century. On the XII century there are traces of the existence of a Romanic Church and a monastery, those were demolished and lately rebuilt starting from the XVI century, as per will of Prior Antonio Contarini, the project was entrusted to Giorgio Spavento and the works carried on by Pietro Lobardi at first and lately by Jacopo Sansovino then the works, started in 1506, ended on 1663 with the final touch on the façade by Giuseppe Sardi.
The holy building is enriched with operas by Tiziano Vecellio as “ La trasfigurazione e la resurrezione di Cristo” (Jesus Christ transfiguration and resurrection) an opera by Carpaggio “ la cena di Emmaus” (Emmaus supper) and the funerary monument of the Doge Francesco Venier made by Sansovino.